Monday, September 14, 2009

o3. The year of 9's.

As I'm waiting for my episode of True Blood to load I thought I might as well update to re-cap the weekend :)

This weekend I went back home to Toronto for a few events. Saturday: I met up with a friend downtown for Dim Sum (oh how I miss you so!) followed by some shopping @ the Eaton Centre. Instead of going to the TIFF and seeing Jennifer's Body, we saw '9' which I bet was equally enjoyable. For those who aren't sure what the movie 9 is about, the plot is based on a post-apocalyptic world where humanity is destroyed and the only things left on earth are doll-like characters whose existence is to fight against the evil machines who destroyed the world. It sounds like any other movie but this one is especially cute and the animation is amazing! I recommend it being watched in theaters :)

Later at night, I joined my sister and some friends for dinner @ Chako (again, yes I know). The occasion was to celebrate her 19th birthday -091409- where I had to give her an age appropriate gift; two bottles of alchy and a birthday card telling her to fully live the life of a true university student (aren't I the most awesome-est sister ever? Hah!) It was an interesting and fun night, although it didn't end until around 4am when someone finally lost in poker and I got to go home and sleep!!! :P

Sunday: family day. My morning was dedicated to sleeping in... never really happened, sooo... I just proceeded to pack up my things before heading over to my uncle's place. As usual they stuffed us with chinese food and the likes before dropping me off in Guelph.

That pretty much sums up my weekend, didn't sound too exciting but I had a good time :) this week is going to be quite chill, got some stuff to look forward to. I should probably head to bed soon since morning classes are always my weakness! I leave you with a rant of the mtv vma. Toodles!~
---
As some of you know, today was the MTV VMAS 2009. I remember back in the day when I was always hyped to see these award shows on TV and see what my favourite celebs were up to. Now because we don't have cable here I had to result to internet streaming, but honestly, who needs that when you have Twitter and Facebook? People are constantly updating live feeds and tweets to the point where whatever the story was, you'd get the 411 on it ASAP. And what do you do when you hear crazy shit go down? You YouTube it! Which is exactly what I did. My thoughts? Kanye is a f*****g idiot! I have no respect for him for what he did to Taylor Swift. I'm ashamed I listened to his music. That was no way to convey himself.

*** Don't forget to leave a comment or a 'hello!' just so I know you've read my blog! <3***

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tiff! I agree, Kanye West sucks! Never liked his music. Go Taylor Swift! ♥

    Good to hear your weekend went well. =] Tell your sister I said happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete